Welcome to the Extreme SKILLZ® Program
This program was specifically designed to target the stages of development of 10 to 14-year olds. The curriculum in the Extreme SKILLZ Program includes years of research and development proven effective for this age group. Our goal for the Extreme SKILLZ Program is to maximize the effectiveness of each participants training with valuable lessons that will enhance their life.
The Extreme SKILLZ Program is a preliminary Martial Arts training course that focuses on building 10 to 14-year olds capabilities; physically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually. We call this program “Extreme” SKILLZ because it will help each student properly develop extreme skills they are currently acquiring at this age. We are confident in what our program can do for your son or daughter.
People this age are in a unique growth period in their life. They are refined in their gross and fine motor skills, while establishing a foundation in extreme skill development. These extreme skills include: dexterity, reaction, versatility, momentum, precision, instinct, strength, and vision. In any other sport of activity, all of these 8 skills are important to have. The more exposure to proper development in each of these skills, the better your son or daughter will be. For this reason, we have tailored a 9-level training course that increases the intensity of each skill at every level.
In the Extreme SKILLZ Program, your son or daughter will train in an environment that is just right for them. They will train with other peers within their age group, and not have to be limited or overwhelmed by younger or older students. Each class will accommodate every student’s skills and abilities in a way that is not overly demanding or intimidating. That means more age-specific instruction with better results. We guarantee it!
This program was designed to target age-specific skills for children between the ages of 10 to 14 years -and- children that have completed preparatory programs such as the Core SKILLZ®, Basic SKILLZ®, and Early SKILLZ programs. These skills are comprehensive enough to challenge pre-teens and teens, yet attainable in a format that is fun to follow. This program is also systematic in format so that all styles can conform to the layout and develop talented Martial Artists up to the rank of Red-Black Belt.
Here’s a brief overview of how the program works:
- There are 8 Extreme SKILLZ® that each student must develop continuously as they advance in rank.
- The 8 skills are taught individually so that a student training 2 times per week will work on all 8 skills over a course of 4 weeks.
- Your testing cycle should be a total of 9 weeks, 8 weeks to cover each skill twice with a week of review to ensure proper development before testing.
- The students’ goal is to develop the necessary challenges per skill as outlined in the Extreme SKILLZ® testing charts.
- As the student accomplishes each skill requirements, per the testing charts provided in this manual, the student will earn a skill stripe.
- The student’s goal is to collect all 8 skill stripes within the 9 week testing cycle in order to test for the next rank.
- As each student earns their new, they will proceed to earn all 8 skills stripes based on the next belt requirements per the testing chart.
- Once the student reaches the rank of Black Belt Recommended, he must to complete a test that covers all of the beginner, intermediate, and advanced curriculums so that he earns the opportunity to test for his junior Black Belt (See the Elite SKILLZ® Manual for a structured curriculum up to 3rd Degree Junior Black Belt).
The goal for this program is to establish extreme skills that are significant in a typical athlete between the ages of 10 to 14-years old. All students that graduate this program are considered knowledgeable in the skills provided and therefore deserve the right to advance to the prestigious rank of Junior Black Belt. Proper execution of this program can build great Martial Artists in larger quantities than most traditional Martial Arts curriculums due to its comprehensive approach in age-specific training.